96 Well Plant DNA Kit (96GPP04, 96GPP10)
The Presto™ 96 Well Plant Genomic DNA Extraction Kit is designed for high-throughput purification of total DNA (including genomic DNA, mitochondrial and chloroplast DNA) from various plant species. Homogenized samples are treated with RNase A then centrifuged to remove cell debris and salt precipitates. In the presence of a binding buffer, genomic DNA in the lysate binds to the glass fiber matrix of the Presto™ 96 Well gDNA Binding Plate. Contaminants are removed using a Wash Buffer and the purified genomic DNA is eluted by a low salt Elution Buffer, TE or water. The entire procedure can be completed within 60 minutes without phenol/chloroform extraction or alcohol precipitation. The purified DNA (approximately 20-30 kb) is suitable for use in PCR or other enzymatic reactions.
Advantages (Cat. # 96GPP04, 96GPP10)
- Purify 96 wells of pure genomic DNA from a variety of plant species in 60 minutes!
- Sample Volume: 100 mg of fresh plant tissue and 25 mg of dried plant tissue per well
- Yield: up to 30 μg of genomic DNA from 100 mg of fresh plant tissue per well
- Format: Presto™ 96 Well gDNA Binding Plates
- Elution Volume: 200~400 µl
- Centrifuge or vacuum manifold protocol
- Storage: dry at room temperature (15-25ºC)
PCR, AFLP/PADP, RFLP, Southern Blotting, Real-time PCR
- GP1 Buffer and GPX1 Buffer
- GP2 Buffer
- GP3 Buffer
- RNase A
- W1 Buffer
- Wash Buffer
- Elution Buffer (10 mM Tris-HCl, pH8.5 at 25°C)
- Presto™ gDNA 96 Well Binding Plates
- 96 Deep Well Plates
- Microtubes (Racked)
- Microtubes (8-strip)
- Caps for Microtubes (8-strip)
The quality of the Presto™ 96 Well Plant Genomic DNA Extraction Kit is tested on a lot-to-lot basis by purifying genomic DNA from corn leaf samples. The purified DNA is quantified with a spectrophotometer and analyzed by electrophoresis.
Presto™ 96 Well Plant Genomic DNA Extraction Kit Functional Test Data
Figure 1. Genomic DNA was extracted from 50 mg of fresh corn leaf samples using the Presto™ 96 Well Plant Genomic DNA Extraction Kit. The purified genomic DNA was eluted in 200 µl of Elution Buffer and 15 µl aliquots of the final sample (chosen from 3 random wells) were analyzed by electrophoresis on a 1% agarose gel.
M = Geneaid™ 1 Kb DNA Ladder
Related Genomic DNA Purification Products
Genomic DNA Maxi Kit (Plant)
50, 100, 300
4 x 96, 10 x 96
4 x 96, 10 x 96