HotStart Taq DNA Polymerase is a thermostable, inhibitor modified form of recombinant Taq DNA Polymerase with ultra low DNA content. It is inactive at temperatures below 45ºC, but is activated at 95ºC (1 minute). HotStart Taq DNA Polymerase is ideal for "Hot Start" qPCR, because the enzyme remains inactive during qPCR set-up. Since it is inactive at low temperatures, it does not elongate non-specific primer-template hybrids that may form at low temperatures. The enzyme will amplify DNA targets with high specificity, sensitivity, and yield.
- Simplified "Hot Start" Technique
- Fast Activation (95ºC for 1 minute)
- Increased PCR Specificity
- Increased PCR Sensitivity & Yield
- Improved Performance of Multiplex PCR
- Reduces Risk of Contaminant Carry-over
- Ideal for High Throughput or Automated PCR
- Storage: -20ºC for extended periods
- Shipping: 2-8ºC (dry ice is not required)
- 3' to 5' Exonuclease Poofreading Abiliy: NO
- 5' to 3' Exonuclease Activity: YES
Taq DNA Polymerase is expressed and purified from an E. coli strain which carries the Taq DNA Polymerase gene from Thermus aquaticus.
Storage Buffer: 20 mM Tris-HCl pH8.0, 0.1 mM EDTA, 1 mM DTT, 1.0% Triton X-100, 50% Glycerol
10X PCR Buffer II: 200 mM Tris-HCl pH8.1, 100 mM KCl, 40 mM MgCl2, 1.0% Triton X-100
dNTPs (10 mM each): provided with HSN050 and HSN250
One unit incorporates 10 nmol of dNTP into acid insoluble material in 30 minutes at 74ºC.