Taq PCR Master Mix includes all of the necessary components (with the exception of template and primer) to perform PCR. Taq DNA polymerase, dNTPs, MgCl2 and reaction buffers are provided at optimized concentrations. Simply add primers, template DNA and sterile water to a final volume of up to 100 µl to complete the PCR reaction mix in routine PCR assays including colony PCR and recombinant screening PCR. Taq PCR Master Mix can be stored at 4ºC for up to 1 year which eliminates thawing time for even faster PCR.
- Ready-to-use mix
- Fast PCR set up due to 4ºC storage temperature which eliminates thawing time!
- Recombinant sourced Taq DNA Polymerase
- 200 and 400 rxns (e.g. volume = 2 ml. 5 µl per PCR reaction = 400 rxns)
- Concentration: 5X (200 U/ml Taq DNA Polymerase, 1.25 mM dNTPs, 10 mM MgCl2)
- Amplification of long targets: 100 bp – 5 kb
- Storage: 1 year at 4ºC
- Half life of 30 minutes at 95ºC
- 3' – 5' Exonuclease Proofreading Ability: NO
- 5' – 3' Exonoclease Activity: YES
Taq DNA Polymerse is expressed and purified from an E. coli strain which carries the Taq DNA Polymerase gene from Thermus aquaticus.
Storage Buffer: 20 mM Tris-HCl, pH8.0, 0.1 mM EDTA, 1 mM DTT, 1.0% Triton X-100, 50% Glycerol
10X PCR Buffer: 150 mM Tris-HCl, pH8.75 at 25ºC, 500 mM KCl, 20 mM MgCl2, 1.0% Triton X-100
One unit incorporates 10 nmol of dNTP into acid insoluble material in 30 minutes at 74ºC.
The quality of Taq PCR Master Mix is tested on a lot-to-lot basis according to Geneaid's ISO-certified quality management system. 1X Taq PCR Master Mix is used for PCR reactions to amplify a 3,000 bp region of the green fluorescent protein gene (GFP). The PCR product is checked on an ethidium bromide-stained agarose gel.