Plant Virus RNA Kit PVR050/PVR100
The Plant Virus RNA Kit uses a simple and efficient spin column procedure to purify virus RNA from a wide range of virus infected plant species including those with high levels of polysaccharide inhibitors. In the presence of a binding buffer and chaotropic salt, total RNA in the lysate binds to the glass fiber matrix of the spin column. The procedure does not require phenol extraction or alcohol precipitation and can be completed within 25 minutes. A variety of high-quality plant viral RNA can be purified from 100 mg plant tissue samples and can be used directly in a variety of sensitive downstream applications.
Advantages (Cat. # PVR050, PVR100)
- Purify high-quality virus RNA from a variety of plant species (including those with high levels of polysaccharide inhibitors)
- Sample Volume: up to 100 mg of fresh or frozen plant tissue
- Elution Volume: 50 µl
- Spin Columns: glass fiber membrane optimized for virus RNA purification
- Individually packaged virus spin columns and collection tubes, certified RNase and DNase-free
- Storage: dry at room temperature (15-25ºC) for up to 9 months without showing any reduction in performance
RT-PCR, RT-qPCR, Next Generation Sequencing (NGS), Northern Blotting
- PVR Buffer
- PVRS Buffer
- W1 Buffer
- Wash Buffer
- RNase-free Water
- PV Columns
- 2 ml Collection Tubes
The Plant Virus RNA Kit is tested on a lot-to-lot basis according to Geneaid’s ISO-certified quality management system. Virus RNA is purified from leaf discs of grapevine plants infected with multiple viruses. Following RNA purification a 5 µl aliquot from a 50 µl eluate of purified viral RNA is analyzed by electrophoresis on a 0.8% agarose gel.
Plant Virus RNA Kit Real-Time PCR Test Data
Figure 1. Real-Time PCR data confirms GLRaV-3 was successfully detected and identified following virus RNA extraction using the Geneaid Plant Virus RNA Kit. Increased analytical sensitivity was evident by the earlier (lower) Cq – Cycle quantity – value compared to Competitor Q.
Related Virus DNA/RNA Purification Products
50, 100, 300
50, 100, 300
|Plant Virus RNA Kit||50, 100||PVR050/100|